topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Webresearch  (Read 5875 times)

hkay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Webresearch
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:00 AM »
I have been using Webresearch for years.  All of a sudden it started giving me problems.  It says that Webresearch cannot communicate with Internet Explorer. Please restart Windows.  If the problem persists please reinstall Internet Explorer.

I have tried all these and still of no avail.  Would appreciate any help on this.  In the last week i had installed scrapbook and a few other addons including webresearch for firefox, and a couple of translation software.  I have delelted all these.

Thanks

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Webresearch
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I understand why you took interest in the old thread, 'Check&Get or Power Favorites or Linkman' - maybe you will have go further up that road.

My *guess* would be that you've updated Internet Explorer 7, you have no IE 8 (?), while Web Research hasn't been updated for almost 2½ years...  Has even their support died?

Previous Versions of Internet Explorer

Edited:
Oh, now I see, they have merely missed to update the text on some of their pages: The program is updated for both IE8 and Win7. Sorry, I didn't realize that, before.
Your version is version 3, right?
 :tellme:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:00 PM by Curt »

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 01:34 PM »
I have tried all these and still of no avail.  Would appreciate any help on this.
Hi.  Have you tried contacting Webresearch tech support?  I had occasion to write to them a few months ago, and I got a prompt and helpful response.  The address I used was simply [email protected] .

hkay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 03:24 AM »
I am using their latest verision - Webresearch 3 Professional.  I had written to macropool and received a prompt reply with some suggestions which i have done.  In the entire history of this product they had about 10 reports of this issue.

In 80% of the cases reported, a defective Internet Explorer was cause of the problem. In 20%, a security software blocked access to the Internet Explorer interfaces. They feel that this could be a cause. One additional cause they say could be that my computer is spyware infected

I am still on IE 7.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 03:40 AM »
the browser side of the problem may easily be checked if you install a version from another company, say, Maxthon. Version 2 is like IE8 and version 1.6 is like IE7.

hkay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 04:08 AM »
I have installed webresearch's firefox add-on but it doesn't work at all.....I am not sure whether webresearch has an add-on for maxathon.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 10:19 AM »
I have installed webresearch's firefox add-on but it doesn't work at all.....
Hmmm....that's strange.  I've been using WebResearch's Firefox add-on with no problems.  Do you have the right add-on?  It should be version 1.05, I think.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 11:33 AM »
.. not sure whether webresearch has an add-on for maxathon.

no add-on needed; what works in Internet Explorer, also works in Maxthon.

hkay

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 02:51 AM »
OK - Webresearch works on firefox.  On maxathon i couldn't find how to add  the webresearch toolbar - Any idea?  Is there anything better than webresearch out there - dont mind the price.

Thanks