ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

n2ncopy: copy/move stuff to multiple locations

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
based on a request on the chatroom by srikat, presenting n2ncopy.

[13:37pm] <srikat> need a small portable freeware
[13:38pm] <srikat> something like http://www.zenosys.com/mirror/index.html
[13:38pm] <srikat> from the screenshot appears like the above can support only one target location
[13:45pm] <srikat> I downloaded the above program and we can only mirror all the content of a folder
[13:45pm] <srikat> I need the ability to specify a file for the source
[13:45pm] <srikat> and for the destination multiple folders
[13:46pm] <srikat> into which the source file should be copied
[13:46pm] <srikat> with overwrite if exists option

--- End quote ---

this program is easy enough to use. a window will appear in the left bottom corner of the screen. Drag-n-drop the files and folders that you want to copy/move (there is an option for this later) into the left side of this screen. Drag-n-drop the destination where you want to copy/move on the right side of the window. this is a freeware but donations are welcome.

Note: the author's site is on Geocities (which is closing on October 26, 2009) so he's in the midst of moving his programs to a new host.

• http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/n2ncopy.shtml

sri:
Thanks lanux.

Until I find a more complete solution like being able to specify multiple sets of copy operations within a single program, this will be useful. What I mean by multiple sets is that:

Set 1:
Source file/folder | Destination folder(s)

Set 2:

Set 3:

skwire:
I'll whip up something...

lanux128:
Thanks lanux.

Until I find a more complete solution like being able to specify multiple sets of copy operations within a single program, this will be useful. What I mean by multiple sets is that:-sri (October 08, 2009, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

you're welcome and not to worry since skwire's on the case now.. ;)

sri:
skwire: It will be great if you can place 'Execute' or 'Run' buttons per set as well as for all the sets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version