ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google steals the Web

<< < (4/6) > >>

Curt:
   I can provide you with a 50% discount + earn cash and prizes
-BlockSideWiki (October 08, 2009, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

- sorry, but such an offer just tells me that the price was too high in the first place.

40hz:
You do not have to have it installed for your competition, child molestors, warez users, and etc to post comments on your sites...
-BlockSideWiki (October 08, 2009, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hitting all the "hot button" phrases aren't we? Especially the "child molesters" part.

Why is it that so many people who want to sell you something web related always seem to feel the need to wedge the child molester bogeyman someplace in their sales presentation? Are there that many frightened and technologically challenged parents and school officials out there that people still get away with using this argument?

---

@BlockSideWiki - could you add a little more to this discussion than just dropping a thinly veiled sales pitch?

40hz:
  I can provide you with a 50% discount + earn cash and prizes
-BlockSideWiki (October 08, 2009, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

- sorry, but such an offer just tells me that the price was too high in the first place.
-Curt (October 08, 2009, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Curt - MilesAhead made a similar comment a few days ago in this thread: ;D

I noticed a similar thing about devices/programs/products/services .. if you give the thing to the person for nothing, they'll never stop griping.  If you charge them a month's salary, then wow!! It must be valuable!! After all, look how much they paid for it!!  :)

Somebody told me the way to make a customer happy is double the price, then give them 10% off.   ;)-MilesAhead (October 05, 2009, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

But here, you're being offered 50% off + the chance to earn cash and prizes!!! Might be a good deal... (Doh!) :eusa_dance:

BlockSideWiki:
 I am not trying to post a sales pitch but facts.. Some sites have already had the child molestor thing done. I created Block SideWiki because of the damage it can do and has already done. The js solutions do not protect your site or your reputation.

Many sites have already suffered at the hands of what google has done and the fact that this is our sites and not googles, gives google no right to have comments posted on the "side" of our sites. This is borderline illegal what google is doing and many of us will not stand for it.

I created a 50% discount because it is posted on a paid for special offer on a forum.

James

You do not have to have it installed for your competition, child molestors, warez users, and etc to post comments on your sites...
-BlockSideWiki (October 08, 2009, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hitting all the "hot button" phrases aren't we? Especially the "child molesters" part.

Why is it that so many people who want to sell you something web related always seem to feel the need to wedge the child molester bogeyman someplace in their sales presentation? Are there that many frightened and technologically challenged parents and school officials out there that people still get away with using this argument?

---

@BlockSideWiki - could you add a little more to this discussion than just dropping a thinly veiled sales pitch?

-40hz (October 08, 2009, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paul Keith:
random comments of unknown others spray-painted on my fence, or the window of my business
--- End quote ---
Bwahaha! Somebody pull him out of his cave!

I like the concept - (no more signing up every time I want to say something, no more "We're Lifehacker - you can't just comment here, you need to qualify first!") - but how the hell will they moderate this monster? An easily abused system will not just be bad for the site owners, it'll hurt Google too... or will it?...

Reg. blocking toolbars: how long before Google/whoever comes up with a solution that isn't browser-based?
-nosh (October 08, 2009, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it's completely no sign-up. From what I understand, you still need a Google Toolbar.

Why is it that so many people who want to sell you something web related always seem to feel the need to wedge the child molester bogeyman someplace in their sales presentation? Are there that many frightened and technologically challenged parents and school officials out there that people still get away with using this argument?-40hz
--- End quote ---

Shush! This guy's the next Steve Jobs.  :P

@BlockSide Wiki

I'm kidding but IMO this is normally the wrong audience for these kind of comments. It really does come off as a sales pitch.

A specific link would probably help when making such grand accusations. (Social proof and all that)

Not saying I understand the entire DC community though. Just my ignorant guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version