ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google steals the Web

<< < (2/6) > >>

f0dder:
The blog entry is a bit sensationalist/typikal-amerikan, but I do agree with it - while there might not be evil intent behind, the thing certainly has a lot of potential for doing evil. Especially because it's massive google behind it, and there's a botload of sheeple who don't even know they've got google's toolbar installed.

Even if you ignore the "it can be used to hurt marketing" part out, there's imho enough ways this can be abused.

Stoic Joker:
ToDo ASAP: Add Kill SideWiki script to all personal & company websites.

I'm really starting to hate Google for crap like this.

nosh:
random comments of unknown others spray-painted on my fence, or the window of my business
--- End quote ---
Bwahaha! Somebody pull him out of his cave!

I like the concept - (no more signing up every time I want to say something, no more "We're Lifehacker - you can't just comment here, you need to qualify first!") - but how the hell will they moderate this monster? An easily abused system will not just be bad for the site owners, it'll hurt Google too... or will it?...

Reg. blocking toolbars: how long before Google/whoever comes up with a solution that isn't browser-based?

Eóin:
I'm inclined to agree. I guess if it were opt-in it'd be ok.

f0dder:
I'm inclined to agree. I guess if it were opt-in it'd be ok.
-Eóin (October 08, 2009, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah - but if it was opt-in, it would be uninteresting and not very useful for google :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version