ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Beta: fSekrit 1.40 needs some abuse!

<< < (6/8) > >>

f0dder:
I'm still using MSVS2005 which has the option (enabled by default) Make Win98 compatable exe. So MSVS2008 calls it something else (and disables it ('bout time really)) ... or am I totally of base.-Stoic Joker (November 16, 2009, 06:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is it "Make Win98 compatible", or is it the linker/optimization setting called "Optimize for Win98"? The latter just sets FileAlign to 4096 bytes instead of the (depending on linker version) default of 512.

Stoic Joker:
Did you peek ... or are you just better at working from memory than I am (hehe).

Yes, it was the linker option I ws thinking of ... So I was totally off base.

I gota remember not to post ramblings pre-coffee.

f0dder:
It was guessing from memory, then hunting around VS2008 looking for a "Make win98 compatible" option :)

PS: PM with link to special test version :)

f0dder:
Beta-4 added, recognizing hyperlinks.

There's basically two things I'd like to fix in 1.40 before making it final: first is making read-only behavior sane, because it clearly isn't right now. Second is fixing Win9x/NT4 problems, which might require building release versions with an older compiler...

Stoic Joker:
Second is fixing Win9x/NT4 problems, which might require building release versions with an older compiler...-f0dder (November 23, 2009, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Granted I could be nutz (and I haven't had time to check), but I really do thing that can be handled with a version check that sends 9x/NT to the older (deprecated) function/version of the structure. I know I ran into it before (on a project I've since lost) and decided to drop support for the legacy stuff so I wouldn't have to retrace a ver var through the whole app.

I really don't see how the compiler is going to help with a (missing style) request being made to comdlgs.dll

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version