ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA:Check for program exit and offer to close other programs

<< < (2/6) > >>

paarkhi:
Sorry Guys, bad on my part, actually I was Disconnected from my Internet Account, as there is a digging work going on in our area...
@Skwire, I'd be very glad for the AHK script which I can adjust and modify....
Please Looking forward

skwire:
Based on what MilesAhead said, his app can be easily modified with an INI file.

paarkhi:
@MilesAhead, Here is the feedback for your app Run Group (Im Facing Problems)
First Time when I run, it asks for an ini file (as you said) Ok so it quits
then when it creates an ini file and when entered the data and executed the program, it runs them and although the process is running it pops up a dialog saying "Kill C:\.......",
Totally Not working"
Here what I've done
1) Downloaded and unzipped the RunGroup in a folder and executed it for the first time, said the error msg.
2) edit the ini created by the program and executed, but result as above said

attached here with the ini

MilesAhead:
Look in task manager and see if the name of the running process is the same as the one in the Kill dialog without the path.  IOW, if both say "notepad.exe" for notepad.  Some of these programs use a program to launch them, but that's not what is running.  For example, Gigaget.exe download manager actually uses GigagetShell.exe to launch.  When I add Gigaget.exe as a subprogram, it kills it.

The running program has to have the same name as the launched program, without the path.

edit:

Here's what I mean about adding the subprogram to be killed if the names are different:

[Settings]
MainProgram=C:\Program Files (x86)\Minefield\firefox.exe
SubProgram1=C:\Program Files (x86)\Giganology\Gigaget\GigagetShell.exe
SubProgram2=C:\Program Files (x86)\Giganology\Gigaget\Gigaget.exe
SubProgram3=
SubProgram4=

See if that scheme works for you.

paarkhi:
The problem is not that it starts, although it is but it starts and asks as soon as that do you want to kill...
Sorry but I couldn't make it to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version