ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help? Learning how to drive...

<< < (8/8)

40hz:
And besides that, a BMW is a rear wheel driven car. Those behave (really) different when you encounter a traffic situation where drastic action is required. Front wheel driven cars are behaving more "friendly" in those situations.

Having said this, I like the driving experience that is BMW (yep, I'll admit it....BMW fanboy here).  
-Shades (September 28, 2009, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

In Neal Stephenson's book Snow Crash, there are numerous traffic scenes where BMW drivers "immediately took evasive action."

Later on, he remarks that BMW drivers always seem to feel the need to be taking "evasive actions" - and wonders if this is how they justify, to themselves, the high price they paid for their cars.

From my experiences on the highways around where I live (and where skittish lane-changing BMWs abound) I truly believe Stephenson was on to something.

@Shades - So since you own one...is that true? :P

Shades:
Hey....those 'horsies' in front keep working and working...when on the autobahn (Germany) you really have to take evasive actions all the time to show off those 'ponies' for those who are speed challenged.  :P

And I owned 5 of them during my Dutch driving career. Yep, I'll admit to being a fanboy.

Currently I don't even own a car but a motor cycle. All the evasive 'training' did pay off however. Entering the traffic here on my bike can be really hazardous. There are more than enough people here that have just bought their driver license. Unfortunately this is no joke.

Luckily there are not too many BMW's out here  ;)   

MilesAhead:
You can't say you know how to drive unless you have driven in India.

-sri (September 22, 2009, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmmmmm, looks more like "quadruple parking" than "driving" though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version