Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 01, 2014, 01:01:12 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NirLauncher tools package  (Read 6821 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »

presenting a new launchpad for Nirsoft tools - NirLauncher, more news here. note: the launchpad can also be configured to include other programs as well. i wonder if anyone has tried this yet?

http://blog.nirsoft.net/2...is-available-to-download/

wr975
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 02:15:17 AM »

Nice, but WSCC seems better. Easier to update (just click Update) and a description for Sysinternals utilities.

http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=15805.0
http://www.kls-soft.com/freeware/wscc.php
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 03:09:29 AM »

Nice, but WSCC seems better. Easier to update (just click Update) and a description for Sysinternals utilities.

lol, i posted about that launcher as well and it's currently part of my portable apps suite. smiley

kingsmob77
Supporting Member

You can't see any Zaphod Beeblebrox here...

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »

note: the launchpad can also be configured to include other programs as well. i wonder if anyone has tried this yet?

Funny you should ask, I have done just this for NirLauncher and just so happens I made a DonationCoder package.

I'll post some screenshots when I get home from work.

If it is useless and poorly coded, it is probably one of mine.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »

cool! a DonationCoder package.. thumbs up

kingsmob77
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:05:26 AM »

As promised here are some screenshots of my DC package.  As of right now, it is pretty specific to my machine as I didn't use relative paths.  If people are interested, it wouldn't be too much trouble to make it generic enough for the DC community to use.

To be honest, not all of these are technically from the DC site.  Some are from the websites of specific developers for apps that may or may not be featured on DC.

Here are the screenies:

The categories I set up

A full screenshot of NirLauncher

And a couple of sample categories:

Data

Media

System Utilities

I like having all of my DC apps bundles like this.  It makes it very easy to remember what everything does (sometimes a bonus for the shear volume of skrommel apps) and thier basic function. The groups allow me to easily find the exact DC app I need for any given situation.

Besides it is a marriage of my favorite two developer sites, DonationCoder and NirSoft!

Cheers,
Kingsmob77

SKA
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 11:44:16 PM »

Kingsmob77

Grateful if you can make a generic pack for us , please ?

SKA
kingsmob77
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 10:15:35 AM »

SKA,

No problem.  I would be happy too.  Going to have to wait until tonight or tomorrow.  This work week has been evil! wallbash

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »

OK, so I'm having a little play around with this program, running beta102 and the NirSoft and SysInternals utils all work fine.

So I thought, "I know, I'll add Roadkil's utils as well!"

After duly downloading and extracting them into their own 'roadkil' sub-directory, I then started to edit a roadkil.nlp file based on the sysinternals.nlp - seemed easy enough.

Famous last words.......

It must the old woods and trees thing because no matter how I stare at the roadkil.nlp I just can't see what the problem is.  Whenever I add the package to NirLauncher I get the following:

The package has no name, there are no software group buttons and it just lists whatever package was last displayed  huh

So, would some kind soul like to stare at the file and tell me where I've gone wrong please.

PS: @kingsmob77: Have you released your DC package yet?  Then I'll have another .nlp file I can stare and not see the problem with mine  huh
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:47:21 PM by 4wd » Logged

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 11:22:40 PM »

So, would some kind soul like to stare at the file and tell me where I've gone wrong please.

You saved that NLP file as a UTF-16 and the NirSoft Launcher can't read it.  Re-save it as UTF-8, remove the package from NSL and re-add it.  Should work then.

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 11:42:48 PM »

You saved that NLP file as a UTF-16 and the NirSoft Launcher can't read it.  Re-save it as UTF-8, remove the package from NSL and re-add it.  Should work then.

wallbash  That'll teach me to pay more attention to the status line in Notepad2  embarassed

Thank you muchly skwire  smiley

Now to get rid of the double entries.

EDIT: A fixed one attached.

* roadkil.zip (0.59 KB - downloaded 127 times.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:48:03 PM by 4wd » Logged

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.02 ]