ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

UltraRecall discounted on BitsDuJour.com today (2009-10-07)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dormouse:
There are some simple (but important) things that only the Pro version has.
Portable
Search text in imported documents
Encryption
Combining items/multiple selections for export/print etc

Unless you have a specific usage that doesn't need these, or you don't expect to use the prog a lot, then the Pro version is worth the extra price.

Whether it is really worth upgrading to v4 from v3, I'm not so sure - though it does bring compatibility with W7. Given that they had announced that they weren't going to develop UR any more, getting a new version and continued development is a good thing and they do need enough money coming in with it to make their work worthwhile.

MerleOne:
Thanks.  I just ordered the Pro version.  I found also there is a much better display of .eml files.  Now I just have to understand how to use it properly, it seems to have so many possibilities.

MerleOne:
It seems this offer had a nice success on BdJ, and the deal is still available today.  The learning curve of this tool is steep (for me), but it seems worth to take some time to master it.

rjbull:
Whether it is really worth upgrading to v4 from v3, I'm not so sure - though it does bring compatibility with W7. Given that they had announced that they weren't going to develop UR any more, getting a new version and continued development is a good thing and they do need enough money coming in with it to make their work worthwhile.
-Dormouse (October 07, 2009, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wondered why the installer I had gave an unregistered version on my new Vista laptop, until I discovered it was v4 and a for-pay major upgrade.  Kinook kindly pointed me to a v3 file, so I was able to get going again.  I was disappointed the BdJ offer didn't include a 3 to 4 upgrade.  Without an income now, I wasn't prepared to spend that much to update a program I've never (yet) got to grips with.  As you observe, they said they weren't going to update it any more, so I was surprised at a new major version.  But I was very grateful to get the old one back.

Dormouse:
The move to v4 has coincided with me starting to make much more use of it. And I've found something else in it I will use sometimes (auto import clipboard). I hope development will continue at a reasonable pace, though I'm not sure (yet) what more I want from it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version