ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Volery Makes Installing Software Incredibly Simple

(1/3) > >>

app103:
Volery is a cool new service created by two programmers in San Francisco who believe that installing software shouldn’t require work. It’s simple to use and has a large selection of popular freeware and open source applications. Just pick the apps you want to install, download the Volery installer, then walk away and do something fun while it does all the work for you. The service installs the software with default settings and says “no” to any extra crapware (like browser toolbars) the installers might try to sneak in. Volery isn’t even installed on your system, you just use a stand alone executable to begin the install process.
--- End quote ---

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4774/getvolery-makes-installing-software-incredibly-simple/
Invite code and link are at end of the article.

urlwolf:
Great find! About time!
one problem es that one cannot customize where the apps will be installed, right?
Also, customizations won't travel with you. I prefer portable apps + sync program.

app103:
This is not for the power user or people with special needs, like portable apps and custom install locations. The targeted user is someone that just goes with the defaults.

The developer did hint (in a comment) at the possibility of custom install locations being added in the future, though. (said he would keep it in mind)

lanux128:
this would hopefully simplify the numerous steps one has to go through when trying to install a program in hurry. the plan is good and i wonder how the execution will be?

Darwin:
Excellent find, app  :Thmbsup: Has anyone tried this yet? I use "custom" installations for everything - 99% of the time to avoid unintentionally installing Yahoo toolbar or the like. This *might* be an attractive way to install a lot of the software that I trial.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version