ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

At last: MP3 Lossless!!!

<< < (15/16) > >>

Darwin:
So,
can anyone recommend the least damaging way to rip CD's to mp3 (with preferably a reasonably priced or free app) ??  ...seeing as it looks like the MP3HD sounds (har har :p) like a bit of a dead dog
-tomos (January 13, 2010, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Presumably, you mean the least lossy way, no? I don't think it is possible to physically harm the media itself when ripping CD's.

tomos:
So,
can anyone recommend the least damaging way to rip CD's to mp3 (with preferably a reasonably priced or free app) ??  ...seeing as it looks like the MP3HD sounds (har har :p) like a bit of a dead dog
-tomos (January 13, 2010, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Presumably, you mean the least lossy way, no? I don't think it is possible to physically harm the media itself when ripping CD's.
-Darwin (January 13, 2010, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

ehh, the least lossy way for the MP3's :D (I meant)

sajman99:
Many years ago I used EasyLAME which was a pre-configured RazorLAME-- alt-preset-standard (VBR).

Though I haven't encoded mp3s in many years, I would probably try Pazera's freeware LAME Front-End if I were to get started on a mp3 collection today.

f0dder:
tomos: for free ripping, go with EAC and also use the AccurateRip plugin... and choose a decent MP3 rate (or do the sane thing and go FLAC if you aren't super-constrained by disk space). If you're willing to pay a bit, go for dBpoweramp - faster ripping than EAC (especially if your drive supports C2 error reporting), but still does it securely.

sajman99:
Yep, EAC is the best ripper-- especially if you have a scratched CD. Other free tools like CDex and Audiograbber reportedly get the job done as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version