topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: I'm tired of being told.  (Read 14984 times)

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: I'm tired of being told.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Hmm Malwarebytes did forget hosts file. 127.0.0.1 microsoft.com was 1 line. Still great but just shows most removal sessions includes research, action, research, action. Could have been much worse. There are good reasons all those malware removal forums exist - and backup solutions  :D

A2 Squared did not find anything except download btw.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:16 PM by Bamse »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 07:12 PM »
I've really liked a-squared (free version) for at least the last few years, but "holy crap" is exactly my reaction of late.

I wasn't too concerned. I'm lucky enough to have a 10 meg connection so I wasn't too inconvenienced by the download, but I think this is the first program I have ever downloaded where the updates were significantly larger than the initial download.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I've really liked a-squared (free version) for at least the last few years, but "holy crap" is exactly my reaction of late.

I wasn't too concerned. I'm lucky enough to have a 10 meg connection so I wasn't too inconvenienced by the download, but I think this is the first program I have ever downloaded where the updates were significantly larger than the initial download.
I wish I could brag about my incredible connection too, but 'nuff said about that. Likewise, I haven't encountered another security program (or any program as you say) that required such huge updates. Does anybody know if the update now includes the Ikarus AV updates as well. In the past, I think the malware sigs and the AV sigs were distinct downloads, but now I'm not sure. Regardless, "holy crap" remains my mantra because I'm unlucky enough to not have a 10 meg connection.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I wish I could brag about my incredible connection too, but 'nuff said about that.

Fair enough.

Regardless, "holy crap" remains my mantra because I'm unlucky enough to not have a 10 meg connection.

Good job...resisted saying something about your connection for all of three sentences.  :Thmbsup:

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Ouch. I think my jealousy impaired my brain function, mate. :-\

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Ouch. I think my jealousy impaired my brain function, mate. :-\

Laugh...I just thought it was funny and couldn't resist teasing you. I have a relative is still on dial-up and whenever I have to go over to his house internet access is just excruciating.