ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Almost nobody owns JUST MACS

(1/2) > >>

Josh:

NPD's Household Penetration Study found a 3% uptick in Mac households for 2009. This makes sense! What's surprising (or not) is that of the 12% of homes with a Mac, less than 2% are Mac-exclusive.

The 2% figure is extrapolated from NPD's less direct assessment:

[A]pproximately 12 percent of all U.S. computer owning households own an Apple computer, up from 9 percent in 2008. While Apple ownership is growing, those households are decidedly in favor of mixed system environments. Of those 12 percent, nearly 85 percent also own a Windows-based PC.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

40hz:
From that figure I'd be inclined to suspect that approximately 3% of all American households have a 2009 college graduate who's currently living at home with his parents.

Blast this bloody economy! ;D

<Edit: couldn't resist adding the picture.>

zridling:
Almost nobody owns JUST MACS, or just Windows. Own what you want, just don't keep raising my taxes to buy proprietary software for government/public administration.

f0dder:
Almost nobody owns JUST MACS, or just Windows. Own what you want, just don't keep raising my taxes to buy proprietary software for government/public administration.-zridling (October 05, 2009, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
You'd rather have them raised for training people to use, maintain and patch opensource alternatives? :D

Josh:
Almost nobody owns JUST MACS, or just Windows. Own what you want, just don't keep raising my taxes to buy proprietary software for government/public administration.-zridling (October 05, 2009, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
You'd rather have them raised for training people to use, maintain and patch opensource alternatives? :D
-f0dder (October 05, 2009, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

My sentiments exactly! Because we all know that the "free support" you get from most open source programs support forums (I say forums because very few have dedicated or paid options for phone/email support) borders on abuse in most forums where the person has a question about something that makes the program look bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version