ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best PLAY-LIST EDITOR, please?

<< < (5/5)

skwire:
because when I finally returned to my computer I realized the bottom line was telling that the program now was re-writing the tags!-Curt (January 17, 2010, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow.  If a program EVER did that to my files without my express permission, I would be PISSED OFF.  I'm am a huge stickler for correct tags and have spent, over the years, countless hours tagging my files how I want them tagged.  As for the scanning taking hours, that's not cool either.  I've written a database function into Trout that takes only around 50 minutes to scan my entire collection (~87,000 files) and that's whilst scanning over my local LAN since my music is stored on a file server.  It would be even quicker if my files were on a local drive.

Curt, did you ever hear back from Playlist Creator's author about your request to add the total play time for a playlist?

Curt:
- I remember writing him, but I can't find any mail from him in my 'support' folder, so I guess he didn't answer.

I am glad to see you're still maintaining Trout. I remember trying it on my XP but cannot remember what it was like. I am installing it on Vista right now ;-)

skwire:
I am glad to see you're still maintaining Trout. I remember trying it on my XP but cannot remember what it was like. I am installing it on Vista right now ;-)-Curt (January 18, 2010, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since you're trying it out I suppose I should say that the database functionality I mentioned in my previous post isn't available publicly yet.  I still need to polish it up a bit for general release.

More:
Well, I use MP3Tag Pro, it's a multifunctional tool that allows to create playlists as well

And dizzler.com has a good on-line based playlist creator function

scancode:
Well, I use MP3Tag Pro, it's a multifunctional tool that allows to create playlists as well

And dizzler.com has a good on-line based playlist creator function
-More (January 31, 2010, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

More, do you happen to be related to http://maniactools.com/? With only three posts, you've already recommended two of their tools.

Just wondering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version