ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

idea connect to a ftp server

<< < (2/3) > >>

scancode:
ftp.sizzlermgt.com
-sizzle (October 04, 2009, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I doubt that's the problem.
Can you paste the entire script blanking out the login info?

awopbamboo:
Hi Sizzle

Apologies for stepping in here, but I think I know why you're having aproblem running the script provided.

My guess is, you are trying to run the script from scancode in as an AHK script?  But what he has provided you is a script to run as a WINDOWS batch or cmd file, its NOT an AHK script.

You will need to run from the command line, or ideally create a batch file and run that. I have attached it to this message (extract from the zip file).  Open the attached file with NOTEPAD, edit the settings such as server name etc so:
change

ftp.myftpserver.com  to your ftp servername
myusername  to your ftp username
mypassword  to your ftp password

Try that and see if thats any better.

Apologies if I have mis-understood everyone!

J.

scancode:
I think you nailed it, J.

sizzle:
Thanks J. and Scancode.
My apologies for not making myself clear that I was interested in doing this in an AHK script.

I tried this with a batch file and there are 2 issues. The first being is that the files I want to transfer are in a different directory on the server. In other words the entire path is ftp://sizzlermgt.com/StoreFiles/
Putting that address in the open cmd. doesn't work. I guess I need a change directory command.

Second to test the bat.file I tried to download a file from the parent directory (ftp.sizzlermgt.com). The file name that is in the bat.file(echo get StoreInfo.pdf>>script.ftp)  and does indeed exist in the parent directory appears on my desktop, but when you open it there is no data in it.

Is there a way that I can step through the bat.file so I can see what the cmd line comments are. The cmd lines executed come up on the screen for a brief instant and it is hard to read what's going on.

Thank you both for your time.

awopbamboo:
Add the line:
echo cd StoreFiles after the line that says echo binary>>script.ftp like so....

echo open ftp.myftpserver.com>script.ftp
echo myusername>>script.ftp
echo mypassword>>script.ftp
echo binary>>script.ftp
echo cd StoreFiles
echo get file1>>script.ftp
echo get file2>>script.ftp
echo bye>>script.ftp
ftp -s:script.ftp
del script.ftp

Hopw that makes sense....

Navigation