ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DIY - Home made in-car camera mount

<< < (2/4) > >>

40hz:
I wonder if you could use it in a more settled area without problems?

I snapped pictures of some interesting looking old houses in my home town last summer. I figured I'd use the photos as inspiration for background descriptions in a short story I was writing. The story took place on a street with houses very similar to those I was photographing.

About twenty minutes after I took the first picture, I got stopped by the police while I was taking a long shot of a neighboring church steeple. Seems somebody had called me in.

The police wanted to know who I was and what I was doing.

Maybe next time I'll try your camera mount idea. :Thmbsup:

--------

Note: I took every shot from the opposite side of the street the houses were on. At no time did I leave my car or park on anyone's property. I just pulled over (on public streets), took two or three quick shots, and then went on my 'merry' to do the same at the next one that caught my fancy. I did this maybe four or five times in all, spending approx 1.5 minutes max at each 'stop.'

The situation eventually got resolved to no one's complete satisfaction.  :-\

Mark0:
I wonder if you could use it in a more settled area without problems?-40hz (October 05, 2009, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I read about photographers caught in similar unpleasant situations often in the U.S.A.
Luckily here it isn't a problem at all (we have many others to worry about, of course).

BTW, I live near Venice; if people taking photos around were to be seen as "suspect", there would not be enough policemen in the whole nation! :)

cranioscopical:
The situation eventually got resolved to no one's complete satisfaction
-40hz (October 05, 2009, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Send us the address where you're languishing behind bars and we'll try to arrange a file manager for you.

tomos:
[...]
Note: I took every shot from the opposite side of the street the houses were on. At no time did I leave my car or park on anyone's property. I just pulled over (on public streets), took two or three quick shots [...]
--- End quote ---

40hz cases the joint ...

40hz:
[...]
Note: I took every shot from the opposite side of the street the houses were on. At no time did I leave my car or park on anyone's property. I just pulled over (on public streets), took two or three quick shots [...]
--- End quote ---

40hz cases the joint ...
-tomos (October 05, 2009, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. That's exactly what the 'guys with the badges' thought too.  :tellme:

(Makes me sometimes wonder what the person who complained was afraid I might have caught on SSD too. :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version