ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BlueScreenView by NirSoft - find driver causing blue screen

<< < (4/5) > >>

tomos:
I'm a little confused, Tomos. You say there are CMedia audio drivers installed on your system, but keep saying you have a Realtek soundcard. Those are two different companies & a Realtek soundcard isn't going to use CMedia drivers.-Innuendo (October 05, 2009, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

apologies for the confusion - the soundcard is TerraTec (I got it wrong earlier)
The onboard sound on the mobo is from Realtek

I tried what 40hz suggested & disabled the Terratec drivers and have yet to reboot

40hz:
The good thing about Realtek is that they seem to take their audio drivers seriously. They are always releasing new driver versions so they seem to be serious about stomping bugs. If one driver version gives you a problem rest assured in a month or so there'll be a new version to try.
-Innuendo (October 05, 2009, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very true. But I still wish they'd stop releasing so many new drivers - and more completely debug the ones they already have. ;D

Seriously. Do they really need to issue new drivers as frequently as they are wont to do? I'm not a big fan of the 'perpetual beta' philosophy when it comes to software I pay for.

tomos:
one more question :-\

First a summary:
1) there is onboard sound on the mobo but when I got the PC I got a cheap soundcard put in it.
2) soundcard driver is (I believe) causing trouble (and always has).
3) I disabled soundcard driver/software (can't figure now how to get the onboard hardware working)

the question is - will I have to open the box & disconnect the soundcard (or do anything else?) before the mobo sounds can be made to work ?
thanks for any help :-*

Carol Haynes:
Usually onboard sound can be enabled/disabled in the BIOS.

Innuendo:
Seriously. Do they really need to issue new drivers as frequently as they are wont to do? I'm not a big fan of the 'perpetual beta' philosophy when it comes to software I pay for.-40hz (October 05, 2009, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, but I'm an upgrade junkie. The more releases the better as far as I'm concerned. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version