ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Tray icon stacking

(1/2) > >>

937o5:
I've looked around for a program that can do this for a long time and I've found nothing... I was wondering if anyone would mind making a program that would allow you to choose any tray icons that you want (My tray space is so limited due to massive amounts of tray icons...) to hide, and simply hide them all into one.. Well, not literally hide, but.. Stack them. So, let's say you have a bunch of tray icons from various different programs, and you could just right click the one for this program and it would bring up a list, then you could select which tray icons you want to hide for more tray space and they would simply be hidden until you re-opened this programs choosing window and unhid them... Maybe even have the ability to stack multiple tray icons that AREN'T hidden into eachother, so... Say, 2 MSN's are open, wouldn't it be nice to have a single tray icon with a small "2" next to it, letting you know there's 2 there? And then you could right click on it to select which one you wanted to right click, and it would initiate a right click to the specified one that you choose, so clicking 1 would be just like right clicking 1's tray icon, clicking 2 would be just like right clicking 2's tray icon, etc...

Innuendo:
I've looked around for a program that can do this for a long time and I've found nothing... I was wondering if anyone would mind making a program that would allow you to choose any tray icons that you want (My tray space is so limited due to massive amounts of tray icons...) to hide, and simply hide them all into one.. -937o5 (October 02, 2009, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that it helps you now, but Windows 7 changes the way the system tray works & how icons are stored there. Other than the icons you configure to show all the time there's a little up arrow at the left of the system tray and when you click that a small window opens up and shows the rest of your system tray icons.

It's hard to explain, but it's pretty cool...

937o5:
That would also be useful! I wonder if anyone will make it... I bet it can be done with AHK.

sri:
http://www.pssoftlab.com/pstf_info.phtml

For alternatives and discussion on tray management utilities, see https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2315.0

937o5:
OH that's perfect, thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version