ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows vs. Mac: I'm starting to change.

<< < (38/48) > >>

Innuendo:
Thank you both for the kind words and credits....and now here I sit trying to figure out a way to inform my grade school teachers that being a smart alec can indeed be profitable. As you can probably imagine at the time I was unable to to get them to come around to my point of view.

f0dder:
Thank you both for the kind words and credits....and now here I sit trying to figure out a way to inform my grade school teachers that being a smart alec can indeed be profitable. As you can probably imagine at the time I was unable to to get them to come around to my point of view.
-Innuendo (October 27, 2009, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
That laugh was worth $1 :D :D :D

zridling:
Wow! I'm surprised how sensitive and defensive some Windows users have become as other OSes attract new users. Didn't understand the "gamer stabbing somebody" link, nor that someone who likes OSX is "removed from reality," nor the hostility toward someone/anyone who chooses not to use Windows. It makes me laugh because it sounds like you're all saying: How dare that SOB -- or anyone -- come to DonationCoder.com and talk about anything other than Microsoft software!

As I've said before, if you want this to be a Windows-only forum, then please let me know; I have better distractions where the eggshells aren't so thin.  ;)

superboyac:
Wow! I'm surprised how sensitive and defensive some Windows users have become as other OSes attract new users. Didn't understand the "gamer stabbing somebody" link, nor that someone who likes OSX is "removed from reality," nor the hostility toward someone/anyone who chooses not to use Windows. It makes me laugh because it sounds like you're all saying: How dare that SOB -- or anyone -- come to DonationCoder.com and talk about anything other than Microsoft software!

As I've said before, if you want this to be a Windows-only forum, then please let me know; I have better distractions where the eggshells aren't so thin.  ;)
-zridling (October 27, 2009, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed this thread turned out that way.  I really do believe Macs and unix have things to offer and if i were Microsoft, I would try to incorporate some of those things.  I used to be very defensive myself about anti-Windows comments, but as I've become more objective over the years, I've realized that there are features on other OS's that are attractive, useful, and, yes, just better.  The other thing I'm moving away from more is the thought that "well, you can make Windows do whatever it is you want."  While I believe that to be true for the most part, I can argue, and in the defense of other OS's, that maybe...just maybe...it SHOULDN'T be that hard to do something like that.

Josh:
If my post is taken as attacking, please know that was not the intent. I always tell people to use what works, what makes them happy, and what does the job they need to do. I don't advocate changing for the sake of changing. "Why fix what isn't broken?". I do, however, take offense to the zealots who attack a particular platform because THEY believe their platform is superior. There is no reason to attack any one platform as all platforms have their shortcomings. I am the owner and operator of various different systems running different platforms. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Use what does the job, not what is cool or trendy just so you can be cool and trendy also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version