ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows vs. Mac: I'm starting to change.

<< < (21/48) > >>

Darwin:
Darwin, I'm surprised you like the changes in Win7's file manager. I wrote a blog post about why I hate it. :D
http://oshyan.blogspot.com/2009/09/fixing-windows-7-part-1.html

Of course my recommendation applies to almost any of the available Windows file manager replacements, it just happens that Free Commander is, well, free, and nicely capable. I've found a few things that don't work quite right on Win7 (drag and drop to apps for instance), but overall it's quite good.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (October 12, 2009, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, heh - touche! I don't actually use Windows Explorer. Haven't since I was using Windows 98... I use Dopus 9 full-time and have XYPlorer installed as well. Thus, I might not be the best person to be making announcements about the pros and cons of changes in Win 7's version of Windows Explorer  :-[

Stoic Joker:
Here's another Snow Leopard bug (though not as bad as the delete your data bug):

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2184529&tstart=0

How many other OSes get so confused you have to type your login password backwards to log in?

OS X...it just (half-ass) works.
-Innuendo (October 12, 2009, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Remember Think Different ... This is merely another demonstration of just how aw inspiring intelligent Mac users are. Just look at the OPs testimony:

What I quickly discovered is the password must be typed in reverse order
--- End quote ---

...As we all know the first thing anyone with any sense tries when any authentication method fails is to enter the password back-wards. Just in case the computer happens to be trapped in a mirror (or your password is noon...)

In reality his trouble serves him right for bothering to put a password on a Mac as they're far to secure to ever need one ... it says so right on TV!!!

fenixproductions:
Well, to be fair...is it really newsworthy when it's a bug that affects less than 10% of computer users world-wide?  ;)-Innuendo (October 12, 2009, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Percentage differs. It may be 10% for world-wide but more for Mac users. As someone already said: for Windows it would be very big hit even if happen for something smaller. For Apple it is rarely heard of because "everything is so perfect"…

f0dder:
I do plan to get a MacBook Pro- but only because of my iPhone.
-wraith808 (October 12, 2009, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why not get a Mac Mini (cheaper) or, even cheaper, simply run a hacked OS X in a VM? :)

Innuendo:
For Apple it is rarely heard of because "everything is so perfect"…
-fenixproductions (October 13, 2009, 12:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only because Steve Jobs and his rabid fans (note: this statement is not to imply that everyone who owns a Mac is a rabid fan) downplay every flaw and deny every vulnerability. Like I stated earlier in the thread, non-Mac users usually don't hear about serious flaws in the Mac OS till it's been fixed when the Mac forums fill with comments of "I'm glad it doesn't do that anymore."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version