ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows vs. Mac: I'm starting to change.

<< < (8/48) > >>

mrainey:
The plus of macs imho, is that you can reload it/reformat and get everything back without 3 days of updates.
--- End quote ---

Make an image of your C partition once a week (twenty minutes on my system) and your Windows PC can be completely restored in no time.  Surely, Macs need backing up too.

cmpm:
Yes, I know about backing up my pc, and do.
I don't know about a mac though.
What I do know is, it doesn't take long for a reformat,
since the OS has everything he needs already.
I'm pro PC myself, and wouldn't switch to a mac.

Innuendo:
The plus of macs imho, is that you can reload it/reformat and get everything back without 3 days of updates. And downloading things to make it do what it needs to.-cmpm (October 03, 2009, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

[Talking about the Mac] and it's flexibility to [not be able to] get almost any program to accomplish any task.
--- End quote ---

What you said in the first quote is directly related to the second quote. If your choices in flexibility are very limited you therefore don't have much to do when you do a reinstall...not because it's not necessary, but because you simply can't. You are mostly stuck with the choices Apple has chosen for you for better or worse.

Innuendo:
What I do know is, it doesn't take long for a reformat,
since the OS has everything he needs already.-cmpm (October 04, 2009, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

No. What you know is that it doesn't take long for a reformat since the OS has everything it thinks he needs already. Every week I run across messages posted in software support forums by Mac users pleading that xyz software program for the PC be ported to the Mac & the author's response is always the same: it's just not worth it financially.

If you are a fish who doesn't mind living in a small aquarium then buy a Mac. If, however, you are a fish who craves the open sea & all the diversity it will provide then your only choice is to buy a PC.

cmpm:
That is a good analogy Innuendo.

And yes he is looking for different programs for his mac.
But everything he needs for college is in OSX.
He also has ms office for mac.

I'm sure he will find what he wants eventually.
The extra mac choices are limited though.
As I stated in my first post on this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version