ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Installers: "This may take several minutes."

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Fake Progress Bar

--- End quote ---
-40hz (September 30, 2009, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

This reminds me of...
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
#2 is almost certainly a fake, but I really hope #1 is a real sign somewhere!

-tranglos (September 30, 2009, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

My favorite is the sign shaped like a traffic stop sign that says "Do Not Read This Sign"  .. probably saw it in Mad Magazine or something.

MilesAhead:
I swear I did not make it up.

--- End quote ---

Kind of like the weight lifter.  If he just picks that barbell right up over his head like nothin', well, big deal!!  Has to grunt 'n groan like he's bustin' his splean, make his face turn a bit red, then, Bingo!! He majestically hoists it!!!  Like the old gimmick where the circus strongman bends a bar, then his dumb blond assistant bends it back the way it should be before storing it in the container!!

f0dder:
I've had "a few minutes" a few times - like installing paint.NET on my laptop (2gig ram, core2 at... uh... 2GHz or so). Basically anything that does dotNET pre-JIT'ing at install time is going to take a while to complete after the files have been installed.

40hz:
I've had "a few minutes" a few times - like installing paint.NET on my laptop (2gig ram, core2 at... uh... 2GHz or so). Basically anything that does dotNET pre-JIT'ing at install time is going to take a while to complete after the files have been installed.
-f0dder (October 01, 2009, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

@f0dder - Thanks for explaining that. I've always wondered why some .NET apps seemed to take forever to install.

Now I know! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version