ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How much Soda/Energy-Drinks you drink / week?

<< < (5/7) > >>

urlwolf:
zero. For years.

nudone:
okay, (thanks for the caffeine links) i'm going to buy some pure caffeine powder and try making my own "energy" drink.

i'm in the UK so i'll order the powder from here: http://purecaffeine.info/

i've read that the powder might not be that soluble but i'll try anyway.

i tend to drink Monster Energy - with the 50% juice (pineapple) so i'll try and make something similar to that.

@mouser: any ideas if the seltzer maker thing will work okay with fruit juice - i mean, is the juice too "thick" for bubbles/fizz?

anyone got any thoughts on what else i should add to this "energy" drink?

scancode:
Just for fun.
I would say that... I drink abooout... 10 Bottles of energy-drinks and about... 5 litres of soda / week.
-jonzku777 (September 30, 2009, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Energy drinks: about the same amount as you do (Red Bull FTMW)
Soda: 20l of Coke (Pepsi sucks)

Yeah, I gotta cut down on that.

mouser:
@mouser: any ideas if the seltzer maker thing will work okay with fruit juice - i mean, is the juice too "thick" for bubbles/fizz?
--- End quote ---

it will work absolutely fine.  i buy (100%) juice concentrate in a can, because:
1) cheaper
2) stores longer and smaller space
3) doesn't dilute the seltzer as much

but if you have regular juice it will still be fine.  i really can't recommend this enough -- especially since i like my carbonated juice less sugary, and this let's me make it much lighter.

nudone:
okay, thanks. i'll give it a try - maybe. i've since been shown a few things about how harmful caffeine can be - so i may just forget about what i said earlier (the caffeine powder i ordered has arrived so i guess i should try it - looks like you can do yourself some harm with it).

a seltzer (soda stream) type device is probably a fun thing to get though. i know you suggested getting one ages ago and i thought it a good idea back then. i'll have a proper think about getting one...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version