ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Discover new places with Plarker

<< < (3/7) > >>

Veign:
Doh!  Post updated.  Mind my is mush from working on it.

tomos:
hahha i can't believe he didn't post a link! and i didn't even notice.

http://www.plarker.com/
-mouser (October 01, 2009, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was wondering had you telepathic powers because I didnt even find it via google :D

Veign:
Didn't find it via Google since the domain never existed before I created it and its only been live for a couple days.  Will take time to get the word Plarker connected to the domain.

Thanx for pointing out the missing link...

tomos:
yes, very nice idea Veign :up:

I was wondering:
could it be possible to add things that arent shown on google maps?
i.e. I find the location on the map and mark it manually?
e.g. I live in the woods - I could recommend a lot of places to go that dont have addresses as such :)

Re navigation:
with google maps (in FF) I can use Ctrl+mousewheel to zoom in on the map  - this makes navigation very easy.
I dont know how they do that because in FF Ctrl+Wheel normally zooms the whole page - if you could get it to work, the google maps way would be great.

Veign:
yes, very nice idea Veign :up:
-tomos (October 02, 2009, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank You

I was wondering:
could it be possible to add things that arent shown on google maps?
i.e. I find the location on the map and mark it manually?
e.g. I live in the woods - I could recommend a lot of places to go that dont have addresses as such :)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  When you add a place just click the map to add marker anywhere on the map and then give a city and state name in the details section.  This will prevent Plarker from doing any kind of geocoding.

Re navigation:
with google maps (in FF) I can use Ctrl+mousewheel to zoom in on the map  - this makes navigation very easy.
I dont know how they do that because in FF Ctrl+Wheel normally zooms the whole page - if you could get it to work, the google maps way would be great.
--- End quote ---

That was in the first, private beta release but removed since I found when users had browser viewports smaller than the map they needed the scroll wheel to scroll the page and its was confusing when the map was intercepting the event.  Things I will be working on is a resizable map so the map can be any size (including full screen).  When this happens I will be adding the scrollbar event back in.

Thanx for the feedback and please keep the questions and comments coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version