ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Discover new places with Plarker

(1/7) > >>

Veign:
This is a personal project of mine that I wanted to share with the DC community.  Before I tell about, I'll share why I created it.  I was on a weekend getaway in a new city that I had never been to before.  Walking around the city I knew that friends had visited but didn't know where they had gone or restaurants they liked and would recommend.  It would have been nice to know what my friends would recommend (what I consider a trusted source recommendation).  This is why I created Plarker.  Basically I would have a single map made up of my places and the places of the users that I am following.

Link:
http://plarker.com

What is Plarker?
Plarkerâ„¢ is a way discover new places to visit. You add places to your map. Your friends add places to theirs. Then share your maps. The places on your map and your friends map are overlayed onto a single map.

Thing you can do
# Create a map of places you've been
# Discover new places using your friends' maps
# Combine maps for a personalized map
# Embed maps on your website

Some usage ideas on Plarker
# Create a personal map and share your places with friends
# Setup a corporate account to let people add your business locations to their map
# Create an account for your town and tell others what's cool
# Like to hike? Show the trails where you've been
# Create an antiquing map and share the hotspots

Screenshots
The Homepage

Sample Map (all parks in the US)

Link:
http://plarker.com

Like everything I develop for personal use it Free and I am always looking for suggestions to improve it.

mouser:
Very cool -- I love the idea.
I think we should be the first to add Plarker fields to the user profiles on the DC forum.

Veign:
Thanx mouser.  I'll work with on how to accomplish this.

Also, since this is the first public beta there may be issues and growing pains so please bear with me.  If you have suggestions on making it better shoot me an email.

Veign:
Ok.  Been updating the site throughout the day so anyone hitting one of the quirks they should be fixed now.  I also turned the image upload back on.

Veign:
Anyone else have any suggestions or comments on the site?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version