ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any photo editor+viewer with notes?

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
The 'new' feature on many photo sites, like Flickr, is notes, somehow integrated with the photo. Not really integrated, but that is how it appears on the page, like on this collection of 'mine':

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curt-dk/3884282440

When I look at the original picture on my desktop, I can't help wishing to have the same feature on my computer (because I can't remember all 37 car models). But I have never before taken any interest in this, so I don't know if there are any desktop editor+viewer with this feature, 'notes'.

Do you know if I somehow can have "create, point at, and read  NOTES" on my desktop images?
Edit:
the notes must be concentrated on areas of the picture, not on the entire pic' as one. Like the example.
 :tellme:

briandr67:
Curt, XNView allows you to add comments to your photo's as descript.ion files.   Brian

Curt:
- hmm... I just removed XnView a couple of weeks ago because I never have been all satisfied with it. Guess I will have to give it one more chance, again again :-) Thanks for telling!

Curt:
- does these 'descript.ion' files take for me to use some third party program?
I have not yet found anything connected to '.ion', in XnView.
 :tellme:

fenixproductions:
I have not yet found anything connected to '.ion', in XnView.-Curt (September 30, 2009, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
RMB on any picture and choose Describe... (Ctrl+D).

I didn't check XnView for such feature but some filemanagers (TC too) handles such files when you are moving/copying your images.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version