ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sharing files: How to P2P with password among few friends?

<< < (5/6) > >>

jacquesrober:
Maybee Pando could do the job:
www.pando.com/download.
jacquesrober.

Tekzel:
Both of the apps I was going to suggest have already been suggested, so I will just give my support of those suggestions.

If you need encryption: Waste.  It has been a loooong time since it has been updated and can be a bit of a pain in the rump, but it works good. 

If you just need password protection and you want it to be simple to set up and even more simple to use:  HFS.  This program is VERY easy to use.  I mean, brain dead simple.  Like it a lot.

ghacks:
I have been using Hamachi for some time mainly to play games over the Internet with some friends that only support LAN multiplayer. Sure, it works with all pirated games as well with the main benefit that the key of the game is not checked on a central server because the game thinks it is a lan game.

I would definately use ftp instead of Hamachi for sharing some files with your friends.

Deozaan:
I finally got to try connecting to my brother outside of my WiFi and LAN networks. Interestingly he can ping me but I can't ping him. He can send me files, but I can't see his system.

I never thought about being able to play games with it. That would be awesome! I'd love to play (legal) games over the virtual network with my brother, but if I can't ping him then I don't think it would work. . .

Deozaan:
If you need to distirbute some really large files, look into torrents - µTorrent has an easy-to-use built-in "mini tracker".
-f0dder (December 18, 2006, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have uTorrent and I can't find the option for the built in tracker anywhere. Not even in the FAQ or Guide online. Got any tips leading to instructions on how to use this?

Spoke too soon. I found it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version