Google Chrome Frame boosts IE speed up to Chrome levelshttp://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=5580
A reader comments under thsi article :
"Microsoft may even be a little happy about this
Google has developed a solution that:
1. allows IE to maintain support for existing, IE-dependent apps/sites.
2. brings all versions of IE into full compliance with the latest web standards.
4. brings the latest HTML5 functionality, to all versions of IE.
5. reduces web development & support costs (no more IE "customizations").
6. reduces/eliminates the need for Flash/Silverlight (devs can use HTML5 audio/video/canvas, etc.).
7. reduces/eliminates the need for users to change to another browser, to get these enhancements.
8. reduces the need/urgency for Microsoft to do it.
I think Google deserves a lot of credit, for figuring this out."
But: MS warns that Chrome Frame makes IE more insecure/trojan-susceptible ?
Has Google done the impossible(bested MS where others like Netscape/Mozilla couldn't) ?