topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: RSS Reader?  (Read 82886 times)

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: RSS Reader?
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 05:49 AM »
I have used opera so far but it has developed some annoying bugs - feeds get mixed up.

I have had email messages or other feed messages appear in another feed. And if I made the mistake to delete said feed, it would delete the emails mistakenly shown in there. Quite deadly bug, really :(

So now i need my feeds elsewhere, cant have email held hostage  :mad:

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2007, 06:18 AM »
I've been having a great time playing with RSS readers following this thread, for me the on line ones just dont do it, lots of good features and extremely convenient in many ways, but im usually on a dial up connection and they load so slowly, greatnews has got my vote so far, i'm not a dedicated user of RSS so i havent looked at the ones that cost anything yet, tho this could change, but greatnews seems to offer all i need, is responsive and works  :)  Oh i also tried sage, the firefox extension, it was ok when i only had a handful of feeds.

laughinglizard

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 03:11 PM »
Bloglines has released a beta redesign.
The new interface is cleaner and more streamlined.

You can get the beta here:
http://beta.bloglines.com

Some of the new features:

* Customizable Start Page. Drag and drop any feed to your home page to quickly scan the titles of the feeds you'd be most interested in. This is especially useful for folks like me who subscribe to over 180 feeds.
    * Three Different Viewing Options. Scan headlines easily in Quick View, but the familiar Bloglines Full View is intact. A third 3-Pane View combines both the quick view and the full view features.
    * Drag and Drop Feed Management. It is easy to rearrange and organize your feeds by simply dragging the feed and dropping it in the desired location.

I'll give it another shot, one of the things that has bugged me about Bloglines is the clunky interface and no drag and drop.