ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RSS Reader?

<< < (8/11) > >>

rjbull:
Um...  please can anyone tell me what the difference between using Website Watcher and an RSS reader is?   :-[  I mean, aren't blog posts and news sites Web pages anyway, so you can see the differences with Website Watcher?  What extra does an RSS reader give you?

f0dder:
WSW has a very simplistic RSS reader, and at least for me it always skips things like inline images etc. Main difference is probably things like default stylesheets used, and how comfortable the UI is.

I personally use WSW for my RSS feeds, but that's only because I haven't found any feed reader I like :)

aignes:
WSW has a very simplistic RSS reader, and at least for me it always skips things like inline images etc.
--- End quote ---

This can be configured in the bookmark properties (Advanced + Images).

Dirhael:
Lately, I've become quite fond of Snarfer. I has a small memory footprint, newspaper view & a comfortable interface. It's all good :)

sri:
Lately, I've become quite fond of Snarfer. I has a small memory footprint, newspaper view & a comfortable interface. It's all good :)
-Dirhael (August 13, 2007, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you try FeedReader? I like FeedReader since it's also light-weight + it's portable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version