ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win7: Anyone else getting excited?

<< < (11/18) > >>

Dormouse:
I've made no secret of the fact that Vista, both 32 and 64 bit versions, has been a very stable OS for me. As f0dder notes, it really doesn't deserve the negativity that has surrounded it since its release.
-Darwin (September 13, 2009, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I still haven't found anything broken but am enjoying a number of features and programs that the installer fixed but that were broken under Vista (I realize now that I should have tried repairing my Vista installation to correct these issues. Live and learn)  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (October 10, 2009, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

:)

Innuendo:
I realize now that I should have tried repairing my Vista installation to correct these issues. Live and learn)  :Thmbsup:-Darwin (October 10, 2009, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why repair today what Microsoft can repair for you tomorrow?  :D

MilesAhead:
I'm not into building systems so I generally get an HP since it's pretty good price/performance for what you can get at BestBuy(and I can return it in a few minutes if it's a lemon.)

I've been getting a lot of clearance sale flotsam from HP.  It will be interesting to see what the new configurations with 7 pre-installed will be like.

Anyone have any inside scoop how many years we have to wait for USB 3.0?  Also disappointing is none of the otherwise pretty good deals seem to have Esata.  I hate opening boxes just to stick some card in that should already be there.

Innuendo:
I'm not into building systems so I generally get an HP since it's pretty good price/performance for what you can get at BestBuy(and I can return it in a few minutes if it's a lemon.)-MilesAhead (October 10, 2009, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most people's needs are served perfectly fine by Dells, HPs, Acers, etc. Custom-built PCs anymore are only for people who have specific needs (like gamers) or people who want the satisfaction of choosing every component and putting it all together themselves. For the rest of the world, just getting something from Dell or HP can save a ton of money.

Also disappointing is none of the otherwise pretty good deals seem to have Esata.  I hate opening boxes just to stick some card in that should already be there.
--- End quote ---

Esata has been disappointing all around. It just hasn't been taking off in popularity. Not a lot of motherboards come with that functionality.

MilesAhead:
To me the really bizarre thing is HP putting a bay in the tower case so you can slide a USB 2.0 drive in.  I mean, the thing has to connect to the motherboard somehow anyway and the internal drives are Sata.  So why not just have a snap in with a Sata connection?  Makes no sense at all. They could have had a coup with a built-in docking station that people would actually use.  Just slide an internal Sata drive in the bay!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version