ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win7: Anyone else getting excited?

<< < (9/18) > >>

Innuendo:
Does anyone know how to change the default Users directory? I can't stand the idea of storing "My Documents" and other personal files on the system partition.-Deozaan (October 04, 2009, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't speak for Dropbox, but with most Windows directories like "My Documents" and "Downloads" you can just right-click on the folder, select Properties, and then go to the Location tab to choose where you want the directory to be stored.

Other directories Windows 7 is smart enough if you try to move the folder somewhere to ask if you want to make the destination the new default location.

Deozaan:
Thanks for that info Innuendo. I was looking for something like that but for some reason I didn't see the Location tab on my first perusal.

I suppose leaving AppData on the system drive isn't that big of a deal to me. :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
I'm looking forward to it but I'm still ticked about their treatment of the Ultimate version. Both Vista and the Vista to Win7 upgrade path. Unbelievably poor behavior.

Jim

f0dder:
Both Vista and the Vista to Win7 upgrade path.-J-Mac (October 05, 2009, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Upgrades suck, anyway - clean reinstalls ftw :)

40hz:
Both Vista and the Vista to Win7 upgrade path.-J-Mac (October 05, 2009, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Upgrades suck, anyway - clean reinstalls ftw :)
-f0dder (October 05, 2009, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 w/f0dder on that. (Except I'd say: "Are not a good idea."  ;) ) Save yourself a lot of grief. Do a clean reinstall.

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version