ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win7: Anyone else getting excited?

<< < (8/18) > >>

redstarnyc:
I have been running Windows 7 on my laptop for a few weeks and I really like it a lot.  I didn't have to install a single driver and it boots up super fast on my ssd.  I've been fortunate and haven't bumped into any compatibility issues as of yet.  I will definitely buy it when it comes out.

Innuendo:
Crap! Hopefully it serves as a nice replacement for True Launch Bar?-Darwin (October 01, 2009, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a nice replacement if your idea of what a taskbar should be matches Microsoft's idea. However, most TLB fans are going to miss the customizability and the plugins. Here's hoping Yuri can figure out how to work it back into Windows.

Darwin:
Crap! Hopefully it serves as a nice replacement for True Launch Bar?-Darwin (October 01, 2009, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a nice replacement if your idea of what a taskbar should be matches Microsoft's idea. However, most TLB fans are going to miss the customizability and the plugins. Here's hoping Yuri can figure out how to work it back into Windows.
-Innuendo (October 01, 2009, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... most disturbing! I'll join you in hoping Yuri can get TLB sorted - I LOVE TLB  :-*

Innuendo:
Hmm... most disturbing! I'll join you in hoping Yuri can get TLB sorted - I LOVE TLB  :-*
-Darwin (October 01, 2009, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

So far he's got it working if you use TLB in stand-alone mode and don't mind another toolbar on your screen, but it's just not the same to me.

Deozaan:
Does anyone know how to change the default Users directory? I can't stand the idea of storing "My Documents" and other personal files on the system partition.

I followed the instructions listed here, but it didn't seem to work.

Downloads still default to C:\Users\[username]\Downloads. And DropBox install defaults to c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin.

I vaguely remember changing it three years ago when I had Vista on my PC for a few months, but it's been so long I can't remember how and I'm still getting used to the new interface.

Thanks in advance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version