topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: URL Snooper and MLB.com  (Read 4486 times)

boonfarmer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
URL Snooper and MLB.com
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Hello ...

I'm a noob as far as URL Snooper goes (just found it today) so bear with me please.

I was having great success with the program as far as getting embedded video URLs from MLB.com (in MP4 format), at least at first. The sniffing feature discovered the links to the videos very quickly and allowed me to save them with no problem.

However, I found that when using Snooper on a page with multiple videos, if by chance I cleared the results history in Snooper and then tried to restart a particular video on that page and find its URL again, the embedded URL would not show itself again in the search results. I am sure I am overlooking something simple, perhaps a setting I need to make sure is enabled (or disabled as the case may be). If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: URL Snooper and MLB.com
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:55 PM »
I have notices that as well, and its probably the browser cache.

What you can try to do is exit the browser completely and restart it, and/or hit ctrl+Refresh button on the page, to force the browser to redownload any files.

boonfarmer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: URL Snooper and MLB.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Thanks mouser ... knew it had to be something simple. Cleared the cache, closed and re-opened the browser and all's well. Appreciate it! Sometimes in our haste we overlook the obvious   :D