ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend a text scraper for Vista?

(1/2) > >>

rjbull:
Kleptomania doesn't seem to work for me on Vista, treating everything as a graphic, despite reporting over 600 fonts in its database.  Please,

* Can anyone confirm this?
* Recommend anything that does work?
I've tried both Hypersnap and Nir Sofer's sysexp; both seem to work some of the time but not quite all (unless I misunderstood something).

Thanks...

cranioscopical:
I don't have Vista but how about Snagit, which has a trial version here?

rjbull:
I don't have Vista but how about Snagit, which has a trial version here?
-cranioscopical (September 26, 2009, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a license for the free but older 7.something version of Snagit, picked up in their fairly recent offer (I think from following a DC notice).  But Snagit say that particular version won't work on Vista - some people say it will,  but it didn't seem to for me - so I took that line no further.  In fact, the free license qualifies you for a reduced rate on the latest full version as being an existing user, so maybe I'll look into that.  At present though I'm trying to reign in expenditure...  :(

I should also have mentioned JOCR as well, but that will only work if you have M$ Office installed.  My laptop came with it, but I haven't licensed it, so don't know if JOCR will work.

cranioscopical:
I suppose you could always take a .tif screenshot and feed that to SI7.
Not quite the ideal solution, though.

Curt:
Screen OCR

Screen OCR saves everything that you can see on the screen - and does it with astonishing accuracy. Whether it will be image, scanned text, PDF or HTML - Screen OCR will recognize the letters and saves it.
--- End quote ---

$30
http://www.screenocr.com/
http://www.screenocr.com/screen-capture.htm

features:

Recognizes text in any type of document (HTML, Word, Notepad, PDF, BMP or JPG image) or in any part of the screen and saves it to clipboard.

Grabs texts that cannot be saved or printed

Recognizes texts in any language that cannot be saved or printed

Works with all American and European character sets, including the Central-European and Cyrillic

Captures "hidden" text ignoring blocking scripts on Internet pages

Reads selected text in documents, emails or Internet pages.

Properly works with character sizes 6 to 72 point

Selects the text with rectangular selection tool, window selection, scrolling window selection or graphic selection

Fully integrates with word processing tools
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version