ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best Laptop Input Device?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Cloq:
I would recommend a portable clip-on trackball. It seems clip-on trackballs have gone the way of the dodo (in the States that is).

The only one that I have been able to spot is the Traveler 350.

Innuendo:
I would recommend a portable clip-on trackball. It seems clip-on trackballs have gone the way of the dodo (in the States that is).-Cloq (October 08, 2009, 08:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can always buy a keyboard with an integrated trackball.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/on10.html

Stoic Joker:
Is there a specific reason you are sticking with the desk-easel rig and choosing not to just get the laptop it sounds like you need? I ask because there are usually many more requirements for the type of setup that you are describing that are important but not readily appearent.

Kinda of like why not use a wheeled cart of some kind so there is a flat surface available to use a normal mouse on? Not to mention better ergonomics if you can just stand normally in front of the computer instead of squatting in front of it for extended periods.

Obviously this won't work if you do site work and have a small car ... but without more information about what's actually happenning the crew is probably going to keep chanting trackball.

Cloq:

You can always buy a keyboard with an integrated trackball.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/on10.html
-Innuendo (October 08, 2009, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh wow! Thanks for the link,  Innuendo!

hmm.. wonder how the trackball is..  :tellme:

Innuendo:
Oh wow! Thanks for the link,  Innuendo!

hmm.. wonder how the trackball is..  :tellme:-Cloq (October 10, 2009, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never used one, but I would imagine that it would be high quality. If you are not familiar with Unicomp, they are the company that used to be the keyboard division of Lexmark which used to be the keyboard division of IBM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version