ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Life Imitates Art - DateCheck - run a background check on your date

(1/5) > >>

40hz:
Some of you might have seen a throwaway comedy from the 80s called Amazon Women on the Moon.

As a comedy, it wasn't all that great. But one of the vignettes, a segment usually referred to as the "Two Forms of ID" skit became quite famous. The sketch revolves around a guy showing up to pick of his blind date for the evening.

Everything seems to be going quite well for him until she asks him (sweetly) if she could see two forms of ID...

Here's the clip in case you missed the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVVkwtj6Rls&feature=PlayList&p=198B5F652DC897CE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=48

After you've had your chuckle (or not), you might be interested to know such a service actually exists. It's called Date Check and it's offered by a company called Intelius. Now, thanks to advances in technology, you don't need two forms of ID - or really much of anything beyond a name, or an e-mail address, to run a background check on somebody. And you're also no longer tethered to a terminal in your home because this service can be accessed anywhere via your iPhone. Android and Blackberry support is also in the works.

Date Check

Today's dating scene is tough to navigate, which is why Intelius developed DateCheck, a free mobile app that deciphers fact from fiction in the palm of your hand. Simply enter a name, phone number or email address and instantly get accurate and comprehensive results. With features like Sleaze Detector, Compatibility, Net Worth, Interests and Living Situation you can be in the know on the go. "Look up before you hook up."
--- End quote ---

Info and video link:
http://www.intelius.com/mobile?trackit=188

I'm sure many more products and services like this are on the way - complete with all the privacy issues and opportunities for abuse that inevitably tag along with products like these.

Whether you're intrigued, disgusted, amused, stunned, or possibly even thinking about signing up - it's a whole new world out there.

On second thought, scratch that. It's just more of the same - except for the web access part.  :-\

SKesselman:
 ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

Checking on someone's net worth? For a date??? How...inelegant.

But the criminal background check has been a long time coming.  :Thmbsup:

I guess it's good to know if your date's actually a convicted felon - not that it stopped me  :D but I'm a little older & wiser now.
The trouble is that here in California, it's tough to find a guy that hasn't been in trouble with the law at least once.
It's the type of crime that makes a difference.
Maybe I've been watching too much news lately, but if I were dating now, I'd be checking every one of my date's criminal backgrounds.
Unless he was really well known.
There's just too much weird stuff going on these days.

Cute video clip, though.  :)

Gwen7:
The trouble is that here in California, it's tough to find a guy that hasn't been in trouble with the law at least once.
It's the type of crime that makes a difference.
-SKesselman (September 26, 2009, 12:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really? Maybe you'd better move East if that's true. Single men with criminal records are definitely not the rule where I live. :)

cranioscopical:
not that it stopped me
--- End quote ---
So, your engagement ring had a jail-house rock?

SKesselman:
not that it stopped me
--- End quote ---
So, your engagement ring had a jail-house rock?
-cranioscopical (September 26, 2009, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but it was an Impossible Dream. His Suspicious Mind eventually caused us to go our Separate Ways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version