ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Take Command Console LE from JPSoft

<< < (5/5)

vixay:
I just heard about another free console enhancer:  Console
-rjbull (June 08, 2008, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Pretty unstable, though - and it's relatively laggy as well, unless you bump down the update timeout and burn CPU cycles. And has problems with some "fullscreen console apps" (like hexit and hiew).-f0dder (June 09, 2008, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's stable enough here.  I have tabs configured to run CMD.EXE, Windows Powershell, TCC LE, Cygwin bash, and MinGW zsh.  I can also run things like Eric Meyer's VDE editor and Necromancer's DOS Navigator.  I had problems with alpha-blending and transparency, and simply turned that off.  Transparency is eye-candy I don't need in daily use.

And I load Kris Sweger's ANSIPlus in CONFIG.NT for ANSI support in DOS apps, and Jason Hood's ANSICON in CMD.EXE/TCC LE sessions for ANSI support there.  It all works fine in Console 2 tabs.  I haven't found a need to diddle the update settings.

Console 2 doesn't do full screen, but I wouldn't want to.  I have a 19" monitor in 1600x1200 resolution, and prefer everything in a window.

-DMcCunney (June 15, 2008, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds awesome... I had just discovered TCC LE today and set it up in console 2 and while I was at it, i added powershell, and thought that I should probably add bash/cygwin or msys to it (though portable versions of it) and i soon got lost on researching those solutions rather than getting it done. So I would be very happy if you could tell me how you have set it up, and if your setup is portable.  (posting your console.xml would be cool as well)

And just FYI, TCC le wouldn't work with console 2 for me, until i updated it to the latest version 146 (had 144 earlier).

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: for console2 from me as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version