ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rant: Firefox 3.5.x

<< < (3/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
W7 7077? Why haven't you at least upgraded to the public RC build 7100 candidate?
-Innuendo (September 25, 2009, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's the advantage of reinstalling my apps yet another time?

sri:
To the OP: I suggest you try creating a new profile and use it.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles

Carol Haynes:
I am not seeing any of these issues with Firefox - in fact I find the 3.5 series rather better than 3.0 from a speed point of view.

I don't worry too much about footprint but I think 3.5 is a bit more compact on my systems.

By the way I am running it on multiple computers using XP Pro, Vista HP and Ult, Win 7 Pro and none seem to have any particular issues.

Not much help but maybe it is conflicting with something else you are using or an addon.

SectorSeven:
@Carol - yes, when I was using 3.5.x pages loaded considerably faster, that I can confirm.
The thing is that in the 3.5 line there seem to be some responsiveness issue, like when you click a link, it sometimes takes some seconds to "think" before it processes the request.

Or in earlier 3.5 releases, FF was halting for half a second every few seconds - it was noticeable when you were typing a long text in a textarea, or scrolling down the page (or doing other long, supposed-to-be-smooth motion).

At least until version 3.5.2, I know I was not the only one experiencing these issues, judging mostly by some long long threads on the Firefox message boards, which were followed by a fix version.

So yes, I am aware that some (maybe most) users do not see these issues - but still it is quite frustrating, as I have a relatively common configuration.

Carol Haynes:
Or in earlier 3.5 releases, FF was halting for half a second every few seconds
-SectorSeven (September 26, 2009, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is that just in Firefox or generally on your system? The only time I have experienced that sort of 'stop-go' typing is when I had a driver issue ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version