ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rant: Firefox 3.5.x

<< < (2/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm running with Minefield 3.6 pre from August 5. It's just before the Firefox 3.6 pre alpha release.  I've found it quite stable.  So much so that I've quit playing around with other nightly builds and just settled on using this until FF 3.6 comes out.

Using Mr Tech Toolkit with AutoCopy, Better Privacy, deskCut, Download Statusbar, FEBE, FlashGot with GigaGet download manager, Launchy, NoScript, Secure Login, Stay-open Menu, Sync Places and Tab Mix Plus.

Seems as stable as any other FF I've used. Definitely better than any of the other 3.x versions I've tried.

edit: Thing is I don't know if you can find it.  That nightly build fpt branch is now populated with the 3.7 pre stuff.  Don't know if 3.6 pre alpha is as good as the one I'm using.  I'm sticking with this one.

MilesAhead:
btw here's the 3.6pre that was released the day after the one I use.  That's as close as I can find.  I haven't tried it myself.  I like the Aug 5 build. But it may be better than what you are experiencing.

SectorSeven:
So far the stable, public builds were not too stable with me - personally, I will definitely avoid testing pre releases...

MilesAhead:
That's up to you.  I'm running Aug 5 build on XP SP2, W7 7077 and Vista64 SP1 and it's quite smooth.

Innuendo:
W7 7077? Why haven't you at least upgraded to the public RC build 7100 candidate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version