ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Can't always copy screenshot to clipboard

(1/1)

traycerb:
I have an issue which I don't think is specifically a Screenshot Captor issue (as I get the same problem using the generic XP print-screen functionality), but I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had any idea what's going on.

Running xp/sp3 with 4gb memory and a dual monitor setup (1920x1200 each) on a Radeon 3850 (512MB), when I take a screen shot, it doesn't always capture to the clipboard.  When I use XP's native prtscrn and try to paste it into various programs (paint, paint.NET, GIMP), I get various error msgs ("Error getting clipboard data", or "There is no image data in the clipboard to paste").

Interestingly, when I use Screenshot Captor, it successfully shows the thumbnail version, and can save the image to file, but copying the image to the clipboard and trying to paste results in the same error msgs.  Sometimes I get an extremely grainy black-and-white version of the screen shot.

I have a vague sense this might be a memory issue, because despite having the maximum memory possible installed (on a 32-bit XP install), I do always have a lot of programs running, and (1920x1200x32bits) x dual monitors = lots.

Any ideas?

davekelly:
I also get this problem with ScreenCaptor.

I am using Vista SP1, 4 GB RAM and dual monitors.

SC reliably captures the screenshot, but when I edit the capture to add any highlighting etc I cannot copy the image to the clipboard.

I can copy the text (title and timestamp).

mouser:
may i ask what method you guys are using to try to copy to clipboard? is it ctrl+C keyboard or from the menu or automatic copy to clipboard after capture function?

davekelly:
I have been using both the menu option, and the Ctrl-C keyboards.

With my problem, it is only when I have opened the image up in the editor. When I just take the screenshot, and use the 'Image to clipboard' button, it works every time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version