ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a AutoSave program

(1/3) > >>

sri:
I need a program that will send Ctrl+S to designated list of running applications every user specified time interval.

I tried running http://www.atopsoft.com/products/autosave/ and have it like so:

But it doesn't do anything at all.

Any other recommendations? AutoHotKey script is welcome.

I tried unsuccessfully to write a macro in MacroExpress:

AndyM:
Your MacroExpress script won't do anything unless Flexbuilder.exe is focused.  You'd have to activate the window first, which would make the "If Program is focused" line true so the rest of the macro would run.  Having the Flexbuilder.exe window activated/focused would also be necessary for the <Control>s to work.

Try a series of:
  If Window X running
    Activate Window X
    Send Save commands to Window X
  End if
  If Window Y running
    Activate Window Y
    Send Save commands to Window Y
  End if

etc

sri:
I do have Flex Builder open and as the active application. But am not sure why the macro isn't working.

I found http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40045&highlight=autosave which seems to do this..am trying to understand and modify it to suit for FlexBuilder.

AndyM:
I didn't look much at the rest of your script, and now that I do I'm not sure it will do what you want.

It looks like you want to hit Ctrl-S in Flex Builder every 2 minutes no matter what you are doing in Flex Builder.  I wouldn't take that approach since you never know what you'll be doing/typing at that very moment.

sri:
I am using the following AutoHotKey script for the time being. It does interfere with what I am currently doing inside Flex Builder, but that's fine till some elegant solution is found.

--- ---#Persistent

SetTimer, AutoSave, 20000  ; Run AutoSave subroutine every 20 seconds.

AutoSave:
IfWinActive ahk_class SWT_Window0
    Send, {Control Down}s{Control Up}
return

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version