topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Return Focus to last program after FARR search  (Read 3748 times)

omaedon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Return Focus to last program after FARR search
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I was just wondering if there's a way to return focus to the last program I was working with or to a specified program after using FARR. For example, after I do a google search or use the Delicious bookmarks plugin with FARR, a new tab is generated in Firefox, but I have to reactivate Firefox by using Alt-Tab or clicking in the window. It would be nice to forgo this step and just have focus immediately returned back to Firefox after performing the search with FARR. Any way this can be accomplished?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Return Focus to last program after FARR search
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:08 PM »
that happens for me automatically.. let me ask:
when you launch the search from farr.. the farr window dissapears right? what window if any then gains focus if it's not firefox?

omaedon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Return Focus to last program after FARR search
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:36 PM »
FARR does disappear after performing a search. I'm not exactly sure which program gains focus again after doing a search. On the taskbar, it seems that Firefox is activated, but if I use the keyboard to do anything (eg. Page Up, Page Down) nothing happens. I took a screen capture of my Alt-Tab menu after performing a google search and there is some unknown icon present in there. It's just a blank window with no name. It does go away after I select another program, but it consistently shows up every time I do a search with FARR. What ever it is, I'm sure that's what's stealing the focus away from Firefox. Not sure what it is though. I've enclosed a screen capture to show you what I'm talking about.