ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Move Start button and Systray

(1/1)

ovehal:
Hi,

I have moved my taskbar from bottom of screen to the left edge of screen so that I could have more programs open. When the taskbar is at the bottom I soon get the two scroll buttons:-(

But it's a bit hard to get used to having the start button at the top left corner so an app that would allow me to:
- Specify location of the start button: top or bottom
- Specify location of the systray: top or bottom
- Specify location of the taskbar buttons: top or bottom (new buttons apper at top or bottom

mvh
Ove B-)

app103:
- Specify location of the taskbar buttons: top or bottom (new buttons apper at top or bottom-ovehal (September 24, 2009, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

That can already be done. I have mine in the middle, with toolbars of buttons both above and below.

Just unlock the taskbar and grab the line and drag it below/above the taskbar buttons.

IDEA: Move Start button and Systray

MilesAhead:
I don't know if this works in XP but in Vista I made my Taskbar double height and used this tweak to have icons rather than buttons:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/191509-taskbar-icons.html?filter[11]=Taskbar Start Menu

You end up with quite a bit of free space in the middle and have plenty of room for Quick Launch and Task Tray.  I use RocketDock and 7stacks to keep the Quick Launch from filling up.

Target:
or, depending on your OS, you could try looking at an alternative shell (eg litestep.  A bit of research should turn up several choices)

they usually have a few more options than the standard windows one...

nite_monkey:
am I the only one that got that he wanted to move the location of the start button and tray area, and not just the open windows? I wouldn't think it would be possible to move them, unless you used an alternative shell like target said

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version