ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Sort and group directories by pre-defined sizes

(1/2) > >>

wetsmellydog:
I am looking for a program that can sort and group sub-directories into pre-defined sizes.
This is like the FILLCD type of program “but” to work only on sub-directories.

Example:

Directory Pics has sub-directories 1, 2, 3,……10

I need them sorted into directories of no larger than 4.5 GB.

The program then outputs;

Directory Pics with sub-directory A with sub-directories 1, 2, 3, sub-directory B with sub-directories 4, 6, 9 and sub-directory C with sub-directories 5, 7, 8, 10.

I have had a lot of friends lately needing Hard Drive recoveries with a lot of pictures in sub-directories . If the pics are not in the same directories or spanned across disks, they start to panic and want to know where the pics went. By keeping the directories together with maximum efficiency for storage size, my friends are not frustrated in trying to find their pics and info.

Thanks

wetsmellydog:
I am looking for a program that can sort and group sub-directories into pre-defined sizes.
This is like the FILLCD type of program “but” to work only on sub-directories.

Example:

Directory Pics has sub-directories 1, 2, 3,……10

I need them sorted into directories of no larger than 4.5 GB.

The program then outputs;

Directory Pics with sub-directory A with sub-directories 1, 2, 3, sub-directory B with sub-directories 4, 6, 9 and sub-directory C with sub-directories 5, 7, 8, 10.

I have had a lot of friends lately needing Hard Drive recoveries with a lot of pictures in sub-directories . If the pics are not in the same directories or spanned across disks, they start to panic and want to know where the pics went. By keeping the directories together with maximum efficiency for storage size, my friends are not frustrated in trying to find their pics and info.

Thanks

-wetsmellydog (September 23, 2009, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bump! Any ideas?

skwire:
Sure, something like this can be done.  Are you just wanting to go one level deep on the sub directories?

wetsmellydog:
Sure, something like this can be done.  Are you just wanting to go one level deep on the sub directories?
-skwire (October 07, 2009, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

For now that is all I need. I am sure someone else might want the flexability.

awopbamboo:
If no one else is, or wants to, I'm happy to give this a go?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version