ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: link in window grabber

(1/6) > >>

somps:
Hi, It has been a while since i have been here. If I'm in the wrong area or going about this the wrong way, please let me know.

I have a request: I'm looking for a prog that would allow me to query all links in a page and/or links with a specific word or extenstion in it and be able to copy and paste it onto notepad or into a download manager....

Thanks,
If this is done the wrong way, please forgive me and let me know the correct way!

Somps
(with a long O)

awopbamboo:
Hi Somps (with a long O)

Let me get this right....

You want something where you say for instance, give it a URL, it then downloads the content of that URL and scans though it for any links to other pages or sites?  If the text content of that page or site matches some 'word or extension' that you choose, the link text itself will then be copied to notepad.  So, you will end up with a list of links, matching your criteria, from a particular page, in notepad?

Have I understood that right?

J.

somps:
I think we are on the same page, but let me give an actual example to make sure. Let's say I go to abc.com and there are 50 shortcut links to www.dddpotbelly.com/  with various things after the .com/ and there may be exe files at the end or .rar or .zip, but there may be other links to other sites or pages, but I only care about the ones from www.dddpotbelly.com. And keep in mind that these are shortcut links, not full links. It may show up as www.dddpotbelly.com/5612....r.html or something like that....

Have I confused you enough? Sorry. Hope u understand...  :huh:

awopbamboo:
but I only care about the ones from www.dddpotbelly.com.-somps (September 24, 2009, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

FROM?  do you mean Links TO?

I think I understand....  Not entirely sure what you mean by a shortcut link as apposed to a full link?  Can you explain?

somps:
yes, srry, links to....

sometimes, on a webpage, there is a link to the file when you click it, but the actual link isn't visible. Kind of like a button. You see the button and if you hover the mouse over it, you can see the actual url, but if you right click on the button and choose "copy", it will copy the picture; if you right click on the button and choose copy shortcut then you get the url. That is an example...

Some site links are spelled out: http://autos.msn.com/partners/sponsorpage.aspx?page=gas
other links are not fully spelled out: http://autos.msn.com/....aspx?page=gas,
but when you put the mouse over it, then you see the full url.

I would like something that I could, for example, query any links with autos and it would catch both ways... I'm srry... I think I'm making it more confusing than it should be....

Thank you for your help!
Actually, after posting, I saw it do the same thing to the first link... so something like that.
If i just right click I can copy shortcut. I want to be able to pull all links from the website and be able to specify the criteria so that I don't get links to URLs that I don't want and yes, for that to show up in notepad or something where I can easily highlight and copy so I can paste into a download manager...

:-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version