ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Most Recently Installed Programs

<< < (4/5) > >>

hhdawrs:
All I am saying is, that if he is using Vista there is no use for any third party program. Yes, there are PLENTY of faster and more advanced applications, but he only asked for this one option, date of installation, and nothing more!
 (see attachment in previous post)

-Curt (September 26, 2009, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is Vista the key word here?

Curt:
- you may be right about Vista, hhdawrs, I cannot remember if this option was part of XP. Edit: I believe the feature already was implemented in Win 2000.

What goes for listing the installed programs, in a hurry, see also:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11947.0
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12406.0

- but some of the named programs have not been updated for Vista or 7.

OldElmerFudd:
Revo Uninstaller will show you that information. Run it, and then click the top of the Installation Date column to sort oldest to newest,  or vice versa. Piece of cake! :Thmbsup:

Info here: www.revouninstaller.com/

Download page: www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

If you look, there's also a portable version available. Great for if you don't want to make it a permanent part of your machine. (Although I can't imagine why you wouldn't.) It's a great utility.  :)

-40hz (September 22, 2009, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

All this time using Revo and I didn't know about this option.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

app103:
I just downloaded Revo and I have to say it's quite nice...and handy.  Just replaced the shortcut to Windows add/remove on my taskbar with it. :Thmbsup:

- you may be right about Vista, hhdawrs, I cannot remember if this option was part of XP. Edit: I believe the feature already was implemented in Win 2000.
-Curt (September 28, 2009, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

XP's add/remove does not show this info. It only shows a very inaccurate date of last use.

If you look, there's also a portable version available. Great for if you don't want to make it a permanent part of your machine. (Although I can't imagine why you wouldn't.) It's a great utility.  :)

-40hz (September 22, 2009, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

A good reason to want a portable version is for your USB toolkit you take with you when family & friends ask you to fix their PC problems. Being able to identify when problems started and what they installed around that time can help. But it's something you might not want to leave on their system if they are the really inept type.  ;)

siouxdax:
All I am saying is, that if he is using Vista there is no use for any third party program. Yes, there are PLENTY of faster and more advanced applications, but he only asked for this one option, date of installation, and nothing more!

-Curt (September 26, 2009, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just an FYI: I'm currently using XP, but I'm about to install Windows 7 on one of my machines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version