ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: AMPL [updated to version 0.6.2]

<< < (5/10) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Maybe 2 versions..
-CleverCat (September 27, 2009, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this will be my first avenue of investigation, though internal.

Interestingly, I really like the idea that users can move from "know nothing" to "know a little more" using AMPL: that's how most of us started and I'm all for knowledge sharing and growth :).

CleverCat:
 :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
AMPL also can be extended with Plugins. Plugins can come in two parts:
1. A Definition file that is used by the ScriptEditor to insert code into the script, and
2. Optionally, an AHK Library Include file that will be called at run time.

There are three basic types/purposes of Plugins:

* Gui's to insert code into the code Before and/or the code After sections. The AMPL Variables Plugin is an example
* A wrapper for an external programme
* An AHK Function Library & Definition combination.
I've just done an example of a Plugin Wrapper type that uses skwire's new MouseAccelToggler.exe coding snack.

But first some instructions on how to install a Plugin...

First of all, the Plugin has to be downloaded and saved to your filesystem somewhere. If there are executables included there may also be specific installation instructions for that aspect.

New Plugins can be installed from the Settings window.

The settings programme can be run from the ScriptEditor by Shift-Clicking on the About Icon:

1. Navigate to the Plugins Tab:

2. Select the definition file by clicking the load button [...]
3. Definition files are AutoHotKey scripts named *_Definitions.ahk
4. Select the correct file and click Open. The file will be loaded:
5. If the Plugin also includes an AHK Function Library, load the Library file in the same way. Library files are AHK scripts called *_Includes.ahk.
6. Add the Plugin to the list by clicking the Add button:
7. Click Save to save the new settings:
8. If you ran the settings programme from the ScriptEditor you will need to exit the ScriptEditor and run it again for the new settings to take effect.
9. The new Plugin can be accessed on the Advanced Tab of the ScriptEditor:

Perry Mowbray:
Version 1.0.1: Uses new AMPL functionality that allows better integration and insertion of code.

This an example of a Plugin that wraps around an external programme, in this case skwire's MouseAccelToggle programme.

First of all, Download the Plugin & Programme: MAT Plugin 1.0.1.zip (252.53 kB - downloaded 528 times.), and unzip it somewhere (doesn't really matter where).

Install the Plugin following the example in this post (that example was actually done using this plugin, so the filenames will be the same).

Once you've installed the Plugin you can use it to create specific scripts. From my reading of the original post, the idea was to be able to change the mouse acceleration for different occasions on the fly.

This Plugin needs to know where the MouseAccelToggle programme is, so when you first run the ScriptEditor you'll be prompted to enter the location.

So in AMPL you'd create a script for each speed setting you need, and name it appropriately:

* Go Real Fast: speed=20
* Go Real Slow: speed=1
* GoNewSpeed: speed set at run time
Then in FARR it's easy to "search" for your required speed setting:

This is just a very brief example, and in many ways what is achieved with the plugin could easily be done without a Plugin: but I think it's OK for an example.

In putting this together I've discovered a few more rough edges that I hope to get to shortly...
Edit: Corrected Linkind

mouser:

:huh: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version