Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 23, 2014, 06:59:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Customize position  (Read 2787 times)
Mostal
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:45:49 AM »

Hi,

I'm discovering your app. It is very great. I like it !

But, I would like to customize the position. It is for me a very important point
Why ?
Because we have all our habit and we / I like to place precisely each icons, it is just primordial  Grin

If I would like to place an Excel icon beside a Word icon to make a "family", it would be a pain because everything around will be messed up Sad
I would like to create "icons family" like browsers icons anywhere like this example :

But If I move an icon, the change is fully weird in the circle Sad

So if you could do a customization of all icons position, this app will be incredible smiley

Thank a lot for your hard work, that's great
tbear777
Participant

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:54:56 AM »

thumbs up that's right!
needed change icons (not insert).
do it?
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »

Welcome tbear777, to Donationcoder.com and CircleDocks little corner of the forums

I am working on an unofficial tutorial now as I write this, if there is a way to manage Icon placement I will find it.

Otherwise I agree with the palcement issue, and hopefully VIP will return soon to address these issues.
Wasd100
Participant

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 01:45:06 PM »

Mostal's idea is a fascinating. We should be able to customize icon as we like. There may be forming styles like circle forming, free forming, Group forming.
Markham
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »

Grouping is already provided in the form of "Folders" but I do appreciate that that's not exactly what you want.

I guess you want "families" of icons radiating from the centre as spokes? I've had a detailed look at the code and to allow for that would require a fairly extensive rewrite. A possible side-effect would be that it could take longer to paint all the Items due to the additional math needed.

Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.03 ]