topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DivX Pro 7 ( worth € 15,95 ) - 4 Free  (Read 6205 times)

4FreeTeam

• Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DivX Pro 7 ( worth € 15,95 ) - 4 Free
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Hi mouser and friends !

There is a computeractive promotion for DivX Pro 7 .
Utilizing our latest and greatest video technology based on H.264, the new standard for HD digital video, DivX Pro 7 lets you create HD video and play MKV videos with high-quality AAC audio. You can also play your DivX files (.divx, .avi) on millions of DivX Certified® devices today. Look for DivX Plus HD Certified devices later this year that will support playback of all DivX and DivX Plus files, as well as .mkv (H.264/AAC) videos from the Internet.

Promotion details on 4 Free :

http://for-free-on-i...worth-e-1595-4-free/

Enjoy !

Marc - 4 Free Team

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DivX Pro 7 ( worth € 15,95 ) - 4 Free
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 07:48 AM »
I was able to download.  Entered my email address on install, still have not received the email and it has been over 12 hours.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:53 AM »
You got farther than I did. I can't even the app to download. I'll keep trying...

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:30 AM »
It finally started downloading. Their download site is either getting slammed or they are running it on a Timex Sinclair WITHOUT the 16 KB RAM module.

I installed it & signed up for their newsletter, too, as to track if they get my info. Already got the confirmation email to add my email address to their list so I know they got my information.

If I don't get registration information I'll know something else might be afoot.

But hold on...checking the register dialog it says my DivX Pro and DivX Converter are already registered. Maybe there's nothing else to be done?

BCHOWDHURY

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Thanks for the post. I was able to download it. It's pre-registered. But tell me, does DivX really treat free-getters as customers? Once before, too, there was such a giveaway from DivX with personalized serial for DivX version 6. When I tried to upgrade using that serial, I got the message no such serial exists. I wrote to Divx. They replied that I had to have a purchased product to be eligible for upgrade discount. What a miss for DivX!. I believe a million people would have upgraded to DivX latest version at a mere $9.99.

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Why did they want your email to register it then?  I assumed they were going to send me a serial...guess not

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 09:10 AM »
I never received any serial number via email, but I didn't get the installer downloaded and installed till Friday afternoon. Might have to wait till people come into the office Monday. Of course, they may have just wanted email addresses to see who is downloading their stuff & to fluff up their email mailing list.

BCHOWDHURY, no, the DivX people have never treated free-getters as customers, but very few companies do that. All the more reason to grab while the grabbing is good. Although, DivX isn't as important as it was what with the new encoding algorithms like h264 gaining market-share.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Thanks for the post. I was able to download it. It's pre-registered. But tell me, does DivX really treat free-getters as customers? Once before, too, there was such a giveaway from DivX with personalized serial for DivX version 6. When I tried to upgrade using that serial, I got the message no such serial exists. I wrote to Divx. They replied that I had to have a purchased product to be eligible for upgrade discount. What a miss for DivX!. I believe a million people would have upgraded to DivX latest version at a mere $9.99.

This was my experience as well. C'est la vie - I waited for a few months et voila! they've now given me version 7 for free as well. I agree, though, that they could perhaps have increased their revenue had they offered ALL version 6 Pro license holders reduced cost upgrades to version 7 Pro - I would gladly have paid $9 to upgrade to version 7 from my copy of version 6. However, a full license is quite reasonably priced, anyway ($24.95). If I REALLY needed the features in the pro version I would have paid for it and then accessed the reduced cost upgrades thereafter. Divx may not treat "free-getters" as customers, but I got the free version of Divx 6 Pro in 2005 or 2006 and was able to update it throughout its life-cycle. It appears, too, that they give out free licenses several months after a new release. Not a bad deal at all!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 02:23 PM »
..., DivX isn't as important as it was ...

- you can say that again! The embarrassing truth is that I have had no use for DivX PRO at all, since they closed Stage6. Before that, I used DivX from time to time. But after Stage6? Not even once!

DivX.gif

They also stopped developing Author "several" (1, 2, many) years ago.

Edit 2: I mean, the stand-alone applications purchased versions.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:29 PM by Curt »